On Thurs 7 Aug 08 @9PM I had a deeply moving and spiritual experience when I lit candles and deeyas for Tibet. This was in unison with everyone in my time zone and done globally. I'd like to explore this and share my experiences with you and hear yours as we participate in universal collective prayer events together. I hope to work together with all the universe's beings as we move toward the ideal of Universal Collective Prayer.

Come join me in Universal Collective Prayer!

May God Bless Us All!

UCP-Universal Collective Prayer is produced by Meady's Musings Production . Copyright 2006-2011

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Universal Collective Prayer in Action Courtesy Tibetan Government in Exile


Photo republished from the Tibetan Government in Exile web page - http://www.tibet.net

Today the Tibetan Government in Exile carried out a day of fasting and prayer I say carried out since it was done in India and that is about 9 hours ahead of Trinidad time I believe so fasting there that started at 7 AM will be finishing off at 7 PM there which is about 10 AM Trinidad time. The web is buzzing today with details on the fast so I won't go into it here as a simple seach for 'The Tibetan Government in Exile' on google or other search engines will give you all the details of the fasting and prayer being carried out for healing of pain and sufferring caused by all the riots etc. and the health of the Dalai Lama. Well any search outside of China that is! That's the thing about Universal Collective Prayer it can happen in any space and time and it is just like the candle4tibet experience again. So the people in India and that region would have started off as they are in the East but the fast then continues on into different time zones as you move westward. In this case it is a 12 hours fast so you also have where in the period of 7 AM to 10 AM in Trinidad we would have been fasting and praying while the people in India would have still be in their 12 hour period.The Dalai Lama although hospitalised for 'abdominal pain and exhaustion' also took part in this fast in India it seems from a press release.

I'm off to a nature retreat and it is a very long drive for me so I don't plan to fast the whole 12 hours. I plan to pray along the way in my heart and mind in the best way I know how. If you read my other blog postings you might realise that these days I'm a Shiv Bhakt (devotee) so you I will be comtemplating on Shiv as I see him as the the supreme guru and a super yogi...I think looking at the murti image I'm attaching below says it all at least for me! So I contemplate on his image and try to emulate his strength and determination in yoga, meditation and self realization. Please reflect on the image if you like too. I say plan as the kind of nagging that has already started by some of my family members even before the trip and with road conditions unknown...I can only plan to do so...as I'm not perfect and on the personal level it won't be collective prayer since I can't guarantee the mindset of others in my car. But at least on the universal scale there is collective prayer.

However, I invite all to take part in Universal Collective Prayer today with me in the best way you know how. The image I'm attaching below is of a Shiv murti in Rishikesh India that I have the permission to use from a friend I made on Flickr called Jarmo Tuisk and through his kindness and generosity I can use it here. He gave me this right when I shared with him how much the image meant to me and how much it inspired me. Thanks again Jarmo and Shiv's blessings!


I also look forward to comments here or otherwise on this experience. May God Bless Us All!

No comments:


Copyright Meady's Musings Production 2006-2013