On Thurs 7 Aug 08 @9PM I had a deeply moving and spiritual experience when I lit candles and deeyas for Tibet. This was in unison with everyone in my time zone and done globally. I'd like to explore this and share my experiences with you and hear yours as we participate in universal collective prayer events together. I hope to work together with all the universe's beings as we move toward the ideal of Universal Collective Prayer.

Come join me in Universal Collective Prayer!

May God Bless Us All!

UCP-Universal Collective Prayer is produced by Meady's Musings Production . Copyright 2006-2011

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Commemorating the Birthday of Mahatma Gandhi!



I selected this clip from youtube to do the job cause it had a lot of quotes from him while what I understand was one of his favourite bhajans plays in the background. Another favourite of his being 'Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram'

What I admire about him is how in South Africa he was able to have the guts to read the bible and then try to follow it literally and so did the action while quoting... "To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer also the other..." (I'm recollecting this off the top of my head from what I saw in the Richard Attenborough film Gandhi when I was probably not even ten so I hope it is an accurate recollection)

That on the whole he had the guts to to walk the walk literally of things he read in scriptures from all over the world. It is this kind of things that make people great because many people pretend to be religious or know of their religion or attend religious gatherings and can even quote scriptures it by heart but can never really appreciate its essence and then have the guts to carry it out when no one else is doing the same...The Power of One!

And of yesterday I'm thankful to him for (from what I read in the book-'I Have Lived Before-The True Story of the Reincarnation of Shanti Devi by Sture Lonnerstrand) being instrumental in allowing a proper scientific investigation of that case to be carried out so that I could have read it yesterday. Of course also by the grace of the author Sture and Shanti Devi herself but it was the Mahatma who convinced Shanti Devi's parents to let her go to Mathura (Muttra) with an investigative team to test the story. At least according to Sture's book which I read.

What are your favourite things about Gandhi Ji or what are your favourite Gandhian philosophies or quotes?

No comments:


Copyright Meady's Musings Production 2006-2013