On Thurs 7 Aug 08 @9PM I had a deeply moving and spiritual experience when I lit candles and deeyas for Tibet. This was in unison with everyone in my time zone and done globally. I'd like to explore this and share my experiences with you and hear yours as we participate in universal collective prayer events together. I hope to work together with all the universe's beings as we move toward the ideal of Universal Collective Prayer.

Come join me in Universal Collective Prayer!

May God Bless Us All!

UCP-Universal Collective Prayer is produced by Meady's Musings Production . Copyright 2006-2011

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Power of Prayer!

Prayer can take many forms...dance, poetry and in this case music and singing. The idea of universalcollectiveprayer truly rings out in this tune as it is sung by the late great Mohammed Rafi and the music is directed by the late (only recently) and also great Naushad(Ali)and lyrics by Shakeel Badayuni all of the Islamic faith and sung as an ode to Shri Krishen Bhagwan and based on Hindu Ragas like most of the songs in this film. The song featured here is Man Tarpat Hari Darshan Ko Aaj (raga Malkauns),the film is Baiju Bawra (1952)and the actor seen portraying the song is the lead of the film Bharat Bhushan. The film also had Meena Kumari as the lead actress. Meena Kumari won the Filmfare award for Best Actress for the film in 1954 and Naushad as Best Music Director for another song 'Tu Ganga Ki Mauj'(raga Bhairavi). But all of these details might fit better on my BooksandFilmsCorner blog. On this blog I really just want you to focus on well the music and the portrayal of it. Also better for the films blog I think Bharat Bhushan did a really good job in this film too and to me perhaps was an overlooked actor in his time? I think I'm going to watch the film again soon and write a review on the films blog soon :)But please look at the beauty and power of prayer and devotion below...how powerful and just lovely really!:

No comments:


Copyright Meady's Musings Production 2006-2013